Austrian Design Spirit
Istanbul Design Week
Opening: 29 Sept
Exhibition: 30 Sept - 30 Okt
Eski Sapka Fabrikasi (Old Hat Factory)
Kumbarahene Caddesi No. 22, 3445 Hasköy Istanbul
Austrian Design Spirit can be seen during Istanbul Design Week, held on the threshold to the Asian world: a joint project co-organised by designaustria and Creative Industries Styria presents the best Austrian design solutions from recent years. The facilities at the »Old Hat Factory« made available for this show lend themselves to grouping the presentation within four different design sections: besides three-dimensional original products, a second part of the show is exclusively displayed digitally, while a third section has been conceived as a »hands-on« area; finally, innovative product concepts developed by students of the Joanneum University of Applied Sciences in Graz are presented on alternative support material.
Besides high-quality processing and production, innovative product ideas and excellent design solutions number among the crucial criteria in order to successfully compete on the international market. It thus appears all the more important to optimise the cooperation between the industrial sector and design and emphasise the significance of design as a factor of economic growth. Design is increasingly becoming an indispensable part of any business activity. This is why Turkish and Austrian companies and designers will meet here in mid-October, within the framework of this exhibition. The venue chosen for this event offers an unprecedented opportunity of networking with the Euro-Asian region and establishing potential collaborations.
Design made in Styria:
Among the presented products and projects in disciplines as consumer and capital goods and architectural design which are complemented by a selection of innovative product solutions marketed by design-oriented Austrian companies, eleven were conceived by Styrian designers:
- Gerald Krenn, Wacker Neuson Linz GmbH for Krammer Werke GmbH
- WiGL Design Gangl/Urleb GesnbR for PlanKon GmbH
- Andreas h. Gratze, A.H.G for Zotter Schokoladen Manufaktur GmbH
- Hilgarth Design for DYNAFIT Skiboots GmbH
- Herbert Klamminger, Stefan Moritsch for pa design
- perludi, Thomas Maitz for perludi GmbH
- johannes scherr design for johannes scherr design
- Thomas Feichtinger for Neue Wiener Werkstätte
- FH Joanneum, master degree course Industrial Design, Gerhard Heufler for Schiebel Elektronische Geräte GmbH
- Johannes Knafl, David Ram, Mike Hartwig: In-house design for tyromotion GmbH
- Danny Venlet, Viteo Inhouse Design for Viteo GmbH
A selection of prize-winning books and publications edited by Austrian and international publishing houses and exemplifying the discipline of editorial design displays the works of Alexander Kada, moodley brand identity, Michael Fetz and master thesis of the degree program Industrial Design of Joanneum University of Applied Sciences in Graz. Last but not least a selection of design models and a short film on Graz UNESCO City of Design are presented.